Planned Sports Premium Funding
The Primary PE & Sport Premium
In March 2013 the government announced that it was to provide additional funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013 to 2014 and 2014 to 2015 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools in England
– The Primary PE & Sport Premium.
The national vision is for: “All pupils leaving primary school [to be] physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.”
Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6. In most cases, it is determined how many pupils in a school attract the funding using data from the January 2015 school census.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport.
Please click here for further details of how our Sports Premium Funding has been spent during the academic year (2016-2017).
Please click here for further details of how our Sports Premium Funding has been spent during the academic year (2017-2018).
Please click here for further details of how our Sports Premium Funding is being spent during the academic year (2018-2019).
Please click here for a link to our School Games page which has reports and blogs, future events and other information.
Please click here to see all of the Sports Clubs available this academic year.
Please click here for school Swimming information.
For School sporting Events please click here.