At Whitehouse Primary School, our aim is to provide our children with an inspiring, creative and empowering curriculum that is aspirational for all and enables all our children to succeed in the 21st Century.
Our curriculum fulfils the requirements of the National Curriculum and is also designed to:
- recognise and build on children’s prior learning;
- provide creative and experiential first hand learning experiences, enrichment opportunities and challenges to engage learning;
- allow the children to develop interpersonal skills, build resilience and a growth mindset;
- develop their intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, leadership and independence;
- encourage the use of our heads (knowledge and thinking), hearts (passion and wellbeing) and hands (creative and practical) threaded through the curriculum and lessons.
- develop the whole child and provide opportunities for learning beyond those of the children’s every day experiences
Every child at Whitehouse Primary is recognised as a unique individual; we celebrate individuality and welcome difference within our unique school community. Our curriculum reflects this and every child’s ability to learn is underpinned by the teaching of basic skills, knowledge, concepts, individual challenge and values that will prepare our children for life beyond primary school.
We believe that childhood should be a safe, happy, investigative and enquiring time in our lives, where there are no limits to curiosity and there is a thirst for creativity, new experiences and knowledge. We advocate this with our parents and the wider community.
We use a rights respecting and team working ethos/approach to promote caring, responsible and respectful members of the school community, which we believe reflect the values and skills needed to become well-rounded and successful members of society.
Children leave Whitehouse with a sense of acceptance and belonging to a community where they are valued; where they value others and where they feel able to challenge the values of others. They leave with a growth mindset and the confidence and skills to be able to make decisions, self-evaluate, build healthy relationships and become lifelong learners who we hope thrive in an ever-changing world.